VoiceBee

Start or join the conversation by browsing, leaving comments, or start your own thread to let your voicebee heard.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  ContributionContribution  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin

Referred By : VoiceBee
Honey Points : 724

PostSubject: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   June 18th 2014, 8:50 am

I had received this some time ago but was just talking to someone about how not to allow ice cold water or ice cubes in the water in extreme heat/humidity like we’ve been having or an over hot dog after running when they are panting heavily. They had never heard of this. So with that I thought it would be a good idea to post this as a warning and precaution in hopes this will be valuable advice to someone.

http://wendtworthcorgis.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/no-ice-water-for-dogs-please-read-asap/

This is very good to know as I give my dog ice water from time to time.  Not at home but when we are out and about and she seems to be hot.  OMG, this is good to know.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to
the slaughter." George Washington.
Back to top Go down
Ray.J
Newbee
Newbee

Referred By : BunnyHoo
Honey Points : 93

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   June 19th 2014, 4:42 am

So what about those dogs that are strays in the Winter time that drink cold water:  They seem fine.
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   June 20th 2014, 6:52 am

I guess they are not saying this will happen with all dogs but drinking cold ice water could increase the chance of this happening.  I love my dog so I want to minimize any risk that could harm her....

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to
Back to top Go down
YellowBee
Newbee
Newbee

Referred By : ForeverYoung
Honey Points : 57

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   June 22nd 2014, 6:47 am

Whoa, I had never heard of this before.  It's a good thing to know.
Back to top Go down
Faizon
HoneyBee
HoneyBee

Referred By : AppleCrush
Honey Points : 158

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   July 22nd 2014, 7:20 am

This is helpful information as I had no idea cold water could be a risk to dogs. Wondering the same thing about cats.
Back to top Go down
KimmyCocoaPuffs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   July 22nd 2014, 8:33 am

Faizon wrote:
This is helpful information as I had no idea cold water could be a risk to dogs.  Wondering the same thing about cats.
I don't know if this applies to cats but the cat I had loved cold water with ice.  It never did anything to her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP   

Back to top Go down

NO ICE WATER FOR DOGS…PLEASE READ ASAP
Page 1 of 1